Homework helper

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/01/2021 1:16 pm  #1

Narrative Essay: How-To, Structure, Examples, Topics

What is a Narrative Essay? 

Narrative essay is an important academic essay that entails the writer’s experience and outlines the whole story in a linear manner. This type of essay writing service is not just about describing what happened but also addresses what the author feels at that time and how it has affected him/her and what he/she has learned from it. It is the perfect way to write about something exciting, tragic or otherwise interesting event as you are focused on your own view of things rather than reporting merely facts. If you find writing this kind of personal narrative difficult, here are some tips for you: The outline framework can help solve most problems encountered while writing a narrative essay. The narrative essays have points given below, which can be used as a guide to create your outline: 

Introduction (I) The introduction of the essay should include: who, what, where and when. The opening paragraphs describe the event and give enough information that will encourage the readers to read further. You may also write down any questions you have at this point in time. Example: “It was May 1st, 2008 when I had my first paid job in an accounting firm. It was rush hour and traffic was unusually heavy due to road construction on Jane Street”

https://filmdaily.co/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/essay-lede-1-1300x865.jpg

Body Paragraphs (B) The narrative essay consists of four or five body paragraphs explaining each part of your story separately but not necessarily in chronological order . Each paragraph is devoted to one significant episode of the story. In a sense, each paragraph should be its own mini-story and describe one event clearly with the opening and closing sentences being strong ones to provide cohesion to the whole body. Each introductory sentence of a body paragraph should refer to either or both preceding paragraphs for context and continuity. Example: “The first day in accounting firm was hard – much harder than I expected - it was difficult trying to figure out where everything was located. Nevertheless, it was good when my supervisor told me that I could take home some books and read over them during my breaks at lunch time” 

Conclusion ( C ) The conclusion provides the final impression about the event from your point of view .

You may share how you feel about your experience now (as a result of the event) and how you have grown as an individual. The final sentence is meant to sum up all your thoughts in one succinct statement that lets readers know what you have learned from this experience and how it has affected you for the better. Also, do not forget to mention what new skills or knowledge you have gained. Example: “I originally thought I could get along with my colleagues right away but it took me some time before I really felt comfortable with them. It was difficult being thrown into a work environment where we are evaluated on our performance consistently but eventually I came to love my job.” 

Writing Tips: Useful Hints For Writing A Great Narrative Essay 

1 Outline framework can help solve most problems encountered while writing a narrative essay. The outline will help you stay focused and once established, it only takes a few minutes to write down your body paragraphs. 

2 Start with the most memorable moment first - this is usually one that stands out from others (when did you feel particularly scared or excited, for example). This may be your opening paragraph but not necessarily! 

3 Narrative essays often begin with an epigraph (author's quote) as this helps to set the tone of the essay . 

4 Use lots of descriptive words such as “I was…”, “he/she looked…” and so on. Using these expressions make it appear as though you are actually there at that moment in time 

5 Avoid using passive voice . If you are not sure about what passive voice is, do a search and familiarize yourself with it. 

6 Make use of sensory words and choose those that paint the picture most precisely 

7 Keep in mind that the more detail you include, the better chance of convincing your readers on how valuable this experience has been for you 

8 Never forget to conclude - after all, it’s the last thing your reader will read. Conclusion should be as strong as possible 

9Use powerful vocabulary that portrays emotion 

10 Be imaginative but avoid making up stories 

11 The narrative essay needs life-like descriptions of people or events 12 You may find it helpful to choose write my essay and then either build upon or elaborate upon it.

Last edited by RonaldSalazar (11/01/2021 1:23 pm)

11/01/2021 1:31 pm  #2

Re: Narrative Essay: How-To, Structure, Examples, Topics

nice article

11/01/2021 1:31 pm  #3

nice
blog
article

11/01/2021 1:49 pm  #4

Nice.

Board footera